Please join attorney Gwen Nolan King who is the chair of the MCLE New England’s program, “‘1st Look’ at the new Massachusetts Pregnant Workers Fairness Act”, on September 12, 2017.
On July 27, 2017, Governor Baker signed the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (“PWFA”). This “1st Look” program provides a comprehensive overview of the new law to get you up to speed on what you need to know and do before the law goes into effect on April 1, 2018. The faculty explore how the PWFA builds upon and differs from already existing state and federal law barring discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, and discuss the effects of the new law from both the employer and employee perspective. This program is a must for in-house counsel, human resources personnel, and both employer-side attorneys and employee-side attorneys.
- Reasonable Accommodations under the PWFA
- The PWFA’s Lactation Protections
- Prohibited Practices under the PWFA
- Documentation Supporting Accommodation Requests
- Notification Requirements under the PWFA
- The PWFA as Compared to Existing Federal and State Laws Protecting Pregnant Workers
- “Ask the Experts” Q&A Session
Click here for more information and to register.