- Representation of multinational automotive parts supplier in contract-related disputes with customers and sub-suppliers.
- Representation of national retailer in catastrophic injury claims and serving as national counsel setting litigation strategy in complex multi-person claims.
- Representation of national retailer on contracting, regulatory and code compliance issues pertaining to its portfolio of vertical transportation equipment.
- Lead counsel in three week jury trial in the Boston’s Business Litigation Session involving claim by major national retailer for recovery of over $4 million in tax overcharges under shopping center lease resulting in favorable settlement during jury deliberation.
- Obtained a $2 million settlement against foreign national bank in a claim for wrongful termination of a commercial lease based on theory of breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing by failing to adequately meet the condition precedent of obtaining regulatory approval from the FDIC to operate a federal savings bank.
- Obtained a $2 million jury verdict for automotive parts supplier in supply chain dispute enforcing pre-contractual Letter of Intent after defendant awarded business to alternate supplier.
- Successfully represented major automotive parts supplier in breach of contract dispute alleging wrongful termination of Long Term Agreement to supply parts resulting in multi-million dollar settlement during trial.
- Successfully defended corporation and majority shareholders in claim by minority shareholder alleging breach of Shareholder Buy-Sell Agreement, dismissing all of plaintiff’s claims on summary judgment.
- Successfully represented specialty wire manufacturer in claim against Underwriters Laboratories for wrongful withholding of UL approval and for negligent testing, resulting in UL’s agreement to withdraw test results and voluntarily lift stop ship order
Representation of switch manufacturer in instituting voluntary recall of allegedly defective switch and effective parallel resolution of over one hundred claims for property damage and indemnity.
- Successfully obtained mandatory preliminary injunction in supply chain dispute requiring continued supply under long-term supply agreement enabling client to meet its supply obligations to its OEM customer.
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Volunteer Recognition Award, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation), 2016-2017
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers (Business Litigation), 2005-2017
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Chair, Complex Commercial Litigation Section Council, 2014-2015
- Co-Chair, Civil Litigation Section Council, 2012-2013
- Chair, Marathon Bombing Victims Legal Assistance Program, 2013-present
- Member of Executive Management Board, 2012-present
- Delegate, 2011-present
- Member, Task Force on Law, the Economy & Underemployment, 2011-2012
- Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts (Member, Commercial Lease Committee, 2012-)
- Boston Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Inc.
- Chair, 2017 Conference, Retail and Hospitality Committee
- Co-Chair, Commercial Litigation Specialty Litigation Group, Retail & Hospitality Committee, 2015-
- Retail & Hospitality Committee liaison to Commercial Litigation Committee
- “Overcharge Defenses” and “Preparing for a Deposition,” Speaker, National Retail Tenants Association Conference (September 2015)
- “Hot Topics Facing In-House Counsel in Managing Intellectual Property & Retail and Hospitality Cases,” Panel Moderator, Defense Research Institute, Retail and Hospitality Litigation and Claims Management Seminar (May 2015)
- “Effective Strategies for Defeating Landlord Defenses in Overcharge Litigation,” Speaker, National Retail Tenants Association Conference (September 2014)
- “Advanced Deposition Techniques: Leveraging Exhaustion, Boxing-In, and Summarization Approaches with Adverse Witnesses,” Speaker, Strafford Publications CLE Webinar (April 2014)
- “Practical Symposium on Daubert Motion Practice,” Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association (May 2013)
- “Designating Your Corporate Representative and Protecting Your Brand at the Same Time,” Speaker, Defense Research Institute, Retail and Hospitality Litigation and Claims Management Seminar (May 2012)
- “Advanced Deposition Skills—Effective Techniques for Taking and Defending Key Depositions for Trial,” Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association (April 2012)
- “Retail and Hospitality Law—Managing and Responding to a Crisis,” Speaker, Defense Research Institute, Annual Meeting (October 2011)
- “Drafting, Review and Enforcement of Contracts in the Supply Chain” Speaker, National Association of Educational Buyers’ Annual Meeting, New England Region (October 2009)
- “Drafting and Enforcement of Commercial Contracts,” Speaker, Purchasing Management Association of Boston, Spring Meeting (March 2009)
- “Opening Statements,” LexisNexis Practice Guide: Massachusetts Civil Trial Practice, § 2 (2014 Edition)
- “And the Defense Wins,” The Voice, an electronic publication of the Defense Research Institute (May 2013)
- “Letters of Intent and Recovering Damages for Lost Business Opportunities,” In-House Defense Quarterly, a publication of the Defense Research Institute (Spring 2013)
- “Spotting and Litigating Landlord Overcharges,” For The Defense, a publication of the Defense Research Institute (Mar. 2011)
- “First Circuit Declines to Vacate Revised Arbitration Award,” MReBA Cover Notes, a publication of the Massachusetts Reinsurance Bar Association (Spring 2009)
- “Tips for Drafting a Commercial Agreement and When to Use a Lawyer,” The Manufacturing Advancement Center (MAC) Action Newsline (Oct. 2008)
- “Tips for Getting the Most from Your Commercial Contracts,” The Manufacturing Advancement Center (MAC) Action Newsline (Sept. 2008)
- “Writings and the Memory of a Witness: Effective Use of Documents at Trial for Impeachment and Other Purposes,” Journal of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys (Fall 1997)